The Family Department works to help individual family members and to empower organizations and churches to become effective and active in building families in congregations and communities. They run a number of family strengthening programs such as
- Radical Relationships – pre-marital counseling
- Enjoy Your Marriagecourses and workshops. We have developed an ‘Enjoy your Marriage’ series which looks at marriage from a biblical perspective. Other resources in this series include:
- Practical handbook for EYM weekends and courses
- Facilitator’s Guide for EYM weekends and courses
- Couples discussion guide
- Enjoy your marriage Manual for group leaders
- Parenting Skills. We have a series of parenting materials that we developed for parents and other caregivers. They are suitable for individual or group use and apply timeless principles of the Bible for parenting today. The topics covered in this series are:- Confident children; How to help your children study; Family Fun; Discipline for Freedom; Terrific Teenagers; Making the most of your time; Sensible sexuality; Communication and praying for your children.
- OVC caregiver workshops: Children of Promise. Orphan caregivers are the key to survival for many children in Africa today, yet many of these caregivers are not prepared for the challenges they face. The Children of Promise books aim to help parents and all carers with the special parenting skills they need to bring up orphans joyfully and well. This manual contains important information for parents, orphan caregivers, and facilitators who are helping orphans and orphan care givers. The set includes a Trainer’s Guide and Parenting Skills book for Care-givers
- Families for Life: This bible study notebook and sermon series outline is designed to help churches and families celebrate the Family and learn more about God’s plan and design for family life and relationships.
- Foundations for Family. : A programme to enable churches to mainstream family in their church life by providing materials and training for church Family Champions. Materials include:
- Introductory booklet
- Leaders Manual
- Sermon outlines on the Five Family Values
- Five Family Values Workbooks